Friday, July 26, 2013

Mrs. Ullrich's Trip to the United Kingdom



This is a Web 2.0 timeline tool that was demonstrated by classmates.  I thought it would be a fun teaching tool for talking to students about my summer learning experience.  I will continue to update it until I return.  When classes end Monday I am going to Wales for a week.  My mascot is a Welsh dragon, as yet unnamed.  (I bought a Welsh dictionary in the bookstore at Oxford!)  The mascot will narrate the Wales experiences. 

This tool, called Timetoast, could be used with upper-elementary students in book groups.  It would particularly lend itself to historical fiction, but would also be useful in organizing a student's thoughts about what happened when in a text.  I could also see this being used in the classroom for social studies topics.  I have gotten some great ideas this summer that I am looking forward to using with students next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment